“Mommy I have an emergency, no one is playing with me.”
— Aubrey V
"Most things are good, and they are the strongest things; but there are evil things too, and you are not doing a child a favor by trying to shield him from reality. The important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil." - Walt Disney
Parenting has just about dissolved the selfishness of my youth, and gave me a different perspective on life and true happiness.
Join me on Aubrey's Adventures.AubreysAdventures
— Aubrey V
Last night I went to Nightlife At the California Academy of Sciences at Golden Gate Park. It’s a 21and up event where they serve booze and let you look at all the exhibits tipsy. How trusting.
Boozing lead to 12am Taco Bell where the order was well over $20 for two people. Yikes. We walked around the lake twice today. Just to be safe.
We went to:
NO ACCIDENTS! Big girl undies all day.
something rubs me the wrong way about a live broadcasted birth. idk, it just seems like your mind should be focused elsewhere when you’re pushing a baby out of your vagina.
The many faces of Aubrey. Bobby’s coworker had a retirement party this past Friday at the venue we got married at. I hadn’t been back since our wedding and it’s looking better than ever.
I was so glamorous. Did you guys ever take Glamour Shots at your local mall?
- feel comfortable and confident going a day without makeup. A day when you have errands to run or have to stop into work for a bit.
- love with your entire heart fearlessly, love hard.
- no matter where you go in life, you can always come home.
- how to throw a ball. How to catch. How to hit a home run.
- girls can do anything boys can do.
- it’s ok to go against the grain, it’s encouraged even. Be you, Aubs.
- keep makeup wipes on your nightstand. You won’t have the energy to wash your face some nights, trust me.
- I won’t always be right, and that’s ok. You won’t always be right, that’s also ok. Daddy is usually always right, the sooner you come to terms with that the better.
- we may not always agree, but your family will support you always. I promise.
- how to travel the world.
- ‘likes’ should not affect your self worth. Live your life in the real world.
- spending time with your grandparents is a privilege, not an obligation.
- quality over quantity, especially with friends.
- if you’re wrong, man up, admit it, and apologize. Then move on.
- CALL ME IF YOU’VE BEEN DRINKING. I WILL PICK YOU UP.
- life is too short to be mean. Just be nice, ok?
- While we’re on the subject of life; life begins outside your comfort zone. True story.
- encourage positivity and ignore negativity.
- if you ever find yourself at Taco Bell at 1am, get me a Mexican pizza. No tomato.
- be present. Put the phone down and turn the iPad off. Talk to people and get outside.
- learn how to say no to people (truthfully, you’re already pretty good at that…keep it up).
- don’t take the actions of others personally. Hurt people hurt people.
- it’s ok if you and your girlfriends grow apart after high school.
-overall. Be kind, be polite, be strong, be compassionate, be forgiving, be hard working. We love you no matter what.
A link my bestie share with me, thanks haleybearmama